- Company: Commission for Higher Education
- Deadline: Thursday 30th June 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Commission for Higher Education is a regulatory agency charged with planning, advising, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education. The Commission for Higher Education wishes to recruit self-motivated and qualified professionals for the above vacant position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Honours first degree in information technology/computer engineering, from a recognized university and an accredited diploma in ICT; professional certification by a recognized authority will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years relevant working experience in a reputable organization; working knowledge of common database packages; proven experience in programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The ICT Technologist will be responsible for general maintenance of defined computer equipment and for the resolution of identified technical problems, as well as understanding general tasks which will promote the use of ICT across the organization. Specific duties will include:
- Installing, testing and maintaining software and equipment in the organization;
- Setting up and maintaining user e-mail accounts;
- Assisting in maintenance and general management of the network and ICT services at the Commission;
- Provide technical support to users including basic hands on training on computer use.
- Be self-driven and innovative;
- Demonstrate high level problem solving skills;
- Possess high level interpersonal and communication skills.
The above position is on permanent and pensionable terms.
Salary and Benefits
The Commission offers a competitive package within guidelines for the Public Service in Kenya. Commission for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
Applications, together with the Curriculum Vitae; copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials including daytime telephone contact, should be sent to the undersigned so as to be received on or before 30th June 2011.
The job reference should be indicated on the envelope. (ICT TECHNOLOGIST (Grade IX): – REF: CHE/HR/4PAF)
The Commission Secretary / Chief Executive Officer
Commission for Higher Education
P. O. Box 54999 – 00200
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm