Software Developer Intern2
- Company: SOKO
- Deadline: Monday 30th June 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Soko is an innovation in global fashion and technology: a brand that connects online consumers to global makers and handcrafted jewelry from the developing world. With Soko, you can discover incredible design and creative ingenuity made in communities that lay outside of the digital economy.
Soko’s mobile technology empowers artisans and consumers alike, in support of its mission to create an online marketplace where international consumers can buy unique and quality pieces directly from artisans around the world. The mobile application sustainably supports and enriches the work of Kenyan artists - and small scale, environmentally friendly production - while providing consumers access to exclusive jewelry designs never before available on the international market.
Soko, which means marketplace in Swahili, offers style-conscious consumers a direct line to responsibly sourced African designs. Soko’s collections, which feature statement necklaces, architectural brass pieces and skilled beadwork, are carefully selected to reflect both authentic African styles and global urban aesthetics.
We are looking for a Web and Android Intern as we scale and grow our technology in East Africa and throughout other developing countries. If interested, you will join our development team and will work very closely with the Product Development Manager.
We’re light on process and bureaucracy, but big on personal responsibility, we want a team player that want to be part of a high performance team and having shared ownership of our product vision which is crucial to succeeding at Soko
· Work closely with Kenyan and U.S technical team in the design of strategic solutions for high market impact and penetration.
· Lead the deployment and delivery of solutions using primarily agile development techniques.
· Take a lead role in applications design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design in collaboration with the Product development manager.
· Responsible for presenting solutions to the global team and partners
· Go above and beyond users’ needs and expectations to deliver solutions to help our users grow and become thriving independent entrepreneurs in Africa,Asia and Latin America.
· Willing to innovate, experiment and fail fast to build robust solutions
· Designing, developing, documenting and testing web sites and applications
The technical stuff:
· Our most important technical requirement is learning how to figure things out
· Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application
· An excellent understanding of application design and architecture, including database interactions, server side scripting, form handling and general application development.
· Significant experience of internet and networking technologies and protocols, including HTTP, TCP, IP, SMSC, SMPP.
· Experienced in using Source Control (SVN/Git).
· Experience of using Agile development methods across a number of teams, automated builds and continuous integration.
· Experience in building your own Android apps
· Expertise in building clean, api driven code
· Experience in interfacing with complex back-end systems
· Proven experience of Web Services (Rest/SOAP)
· Willing to work hard, learn and meet tight schedules
· BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
How to apply
· If interested in this amazing opportunity, passionate to innovate and grow within emerging markets while having fun, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm