- Company: Commission for Higher Education
- Deadline: Thursday 30th June 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Commission for Higher Education is a regulatory agency charged with planning, advising, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education. The Commission for Higher Education wishes to recruit self-motivated and qualified professionals for the above vacant position.
Qualification and Experience
- Honours first degree in either computer science, or information technology or computer engineering from a recognized university.
- Proficiency in ICT systems administration as demonstrated by relevant professional certification.
- Excellent working knowledge of windows and Linux administration systems.
- At least five (5) years working experience, with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role in systems administration in a busy environment having a LAN/WAN and data centre set-up; working knowledge of common database packages; proven experience in programming.
- Competence with diverse operating systems and network environments;
- Ability to adapt new technologies and implement them successfully ;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as a team leader as well as a team player;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
To ensure effective support and maintenance of hardware, networks, and operating systems in the organization, and in particular:-
- Analyzing technical requirements in all functional areas, designing and implementing appropriate solutions;
- Planning and scheduling of activities in the Information Technology Department;
- Management of CHE Network, Website, Internet, and mail service;
- Developing and implementing procedures for disaster recovery to ensure high levels of systems resilience;
- Monitoring the implementation of the organization’s ICT policy;
- Monitoring hardware and network systems performance, ensuring that regular systems upgrades including system software upgrades are effected for optimum performance;
- Managing software and hardware inventory
The above position is on permanent and pensionable terms.
Salary and Benefits
The Commission offers a competitive package within guidelines for the Public Service in Kenya. Commission for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
Applications, together with the Curriculum Vitae; copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials including daytime telephone contact, should be sent to the undersigned so as to be received on or before 30th June 2011.
The job reference should be indicated on the envelope. ( SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (CH6): – REF: CHE/HR/3PAF)
The Commission Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Commission for Higher Education
P. O. Box 54999 – 00200
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm