- Company: M-Kopa LLC
- Deadline: Friday 6th June 2014
- Location: Nairobi
M-KOPA, winner of the 2013 FT/IFC Sustainable Finance Awards, is a registered Kenyan business, founded in 2011 but stemming from pilot trials since 2009. The founders of M-KOPA include former executives from Safaricom and Vodafone Group, who also started and led M-PESA. These people form an integral part of M-KOPA as a company.
M-KOPA’s head office is in Nairobi with a qualified dedicated team of over 100 Kenyan and international staff, experienced and seasoned in different fields like finance, distribution, sales and marketing and customer care.
M-KOPA’s technology and company culture are based in the belief that using innovative, disruptive (radical) mobile technology, we can help ordinary wananchi to uplift their living standards, and bring development in a community, while building a strong business.
As a member of the M-KOPA team, you will be part of a new and exciting venture, changing the lives of ordinary Kenyans.
· Development of firmware for M-KOPA’s family of solar lighting products.
· Optimization of the hardware/firmware interaction during new product development.
· Test management during new product development.
Skills & Experience (Crucial)
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or electronics or relevant credentials
· A strong background programming in C
· Extensive experience developing firmware for embedded hardware in C (for PIC18F family) and in assembly.
· Willing to travel sporadically outside Nairobi
Skills & Experience (Plus)
· Experience analyzing and debugging hardware and firmware interaction at the PCB level.
· Programming experience with MySQL and the ability to read and modify circuit schematics in an ECAD program (for example, EAGLE) would be an extra advantage
How to apply
A generous and competitive remuneration package will be offered
to the successful candidate/s.
To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your cv and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Firmware Developer”
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm