Software Engineer – Android Mobile3
- Company: Noble Design Labs
- Deadline: Thursday 1st May 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Noble Design Labs is Android-First and thus the Android mobile developer will be given direct responsibility over the core features and services that ship to users. The Android developer should be able to technically design and conceptualize custom android applications. The candidate should be able to provide valuable inputs during the discovery phase and establish best practices specifically required for making applications for multiple Android platforms and devices. The candidate should be able to develop an Android application from the conception through submittal to the Google Play Store. He/she will work with members of the other disciplines to help guide the creation of Android specific experiences. We are looking for a candidate with strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis. Persons with understanding of system and application performance limits and characteristics are encouraged to apply.
· 2+ years of experience in application development on Android.
· Proven experience building native, well-received Android apps. please provide evidence of your previous work e.g a github repository, URL to published apps on Google play.
· Candidates must be proficient with standard Java development tools such as Intellij, Android Studio, Eclipse Or Adt.
· Proficiency with open source frameworks or third party libraries is specifically required for android applications.
· Passion and interest in writing best-practice, idiomatic code (bonus points for open-source examples you can point us to)
· Experience with custom ui development and using REST APIS in Android.
· Familiar with third-party network integration (Twitter API, Facebook graph)
· Strong familiarity with git
· A passion for working collaboratively with others
How to apply
All candidates must have a university degree from a recognized university. Each application should include a one page CV and a one-paragraph cover letter that indicates the position applied for and the expected remuneration. Persons with the ability and desire to balance highly innovative and big picture thinking with detailed problem solving to deliver great products on budget and on time are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application period will end on Monday 26 May 2014. The preferred format for the CVs and letters is pdf.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm