Experienced Online Community Ambassador and Travel Enthusiast (Nairobi)1
- Company: Africa Point
- Deadline: Wednesday 7th May 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Established in 1998, Africa Point (www.africapoint.com) is a pioneer in the African travel market. Using state-of-the-art technology, our experienced local travel consultants cater directly to customers in target markets around the globe. The result is not only better and more timely advice for our clients but also better value for money.
We have a substantial social media presence (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc) and are now looking for an experienced online community ambassador and travel enthusiast to further develop, curate and engage our social community.
The role offers significant development potential and includes the following responsibilities:
· Develop and implement community promotion, engagement strategies and tactics in collaboration with senior management and owners as well as travel consultants;
· Create and curate thoughtful and creative relevant content
· Actively participate in online community, trigger engagement and sharing; co-ordinate with travel consultants and provide online advice to travelers in travel forums
· Monitor discussions, resource postings, and trends within the community. Identify and report trends in usage, advise and implement potential opportunities. Alert appropriate team members as queries arise and work with staff on resolving them
· Deal with non-booking related enquiries
· Oversee all technical and system administration aspects of the community; provide technical support to members and staff; suggest and specify new community features as necessary
· Deep passion for social media and travel;
· Proven track record of developing, curating and engaging social communities, ideally in the travel industry
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills suitable for audience in target markets;
· Graduate Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media, Journalism or Public Relations is desired but exception may be given to those with proven experience, passion and track record;
· Creative, self-motivated, resourceful and thriving in a fast paced environment;
· Good planning, co-ordination and execution skills;
· Excellent analytical and research skills, exceptional research ability on the Internet.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held during the week of the 12th of May 2014.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm