Biophysical Simulation Modeling Internship1
- Company: International Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT)
- Deadline: Thursday 31st July 2014
- Location: Nairobi
The International Center
for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) – a member of the CGIAR Consortium – develops
technologies, innovative methods, and new knowledge that better enable farmers, especially smallholders, to make agriculture competitive and profitable as well
as sustainable and resilient. Headquartered near Cali, Colombia, CIAT conducts
research for development in tropical regions of Latin America, Africa, and
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by the 15 research centers of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. The CGIAR has a portfolio of global research programs to implement a recently agreed strategy of research for development. Key areas within the strategy and the portfolio are farming systems intensification, reducing risk for vulnerable populations, and sustainable management of natural resources in landscapes to benefit the poor.
The CIAT Soils Program scientists
work at the interface between agriculture and ecology to achieve durable food
security, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa, but with a global agenda.
CIAT Soils program is looking for a student with a strong programing background for a 3-months internship at their office in Nairobi.
The student will be part of a team of international scientists working on issues of natural resource management and conservation, sustainable increase of agricultural productivity, and on various aspects related to eco-efficient agriculture by use of computer simulation modeling. He/she will be working on assessing, and modifying existing source code for improving the predictive power of biophysical models.
- Bachelor’s graduate (must have graduated within the last 6 months or is in the final year of the degree program)
- Good working knowledge of the programing languages Fortran and VBA/VB.net
- C++ knowledge advantageous
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
Ability to work in a multicultural team
How to apply
To apply for this internship, send us a cover letter with your qualifications and suitability and a short curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line clearly indicating ‘Soils Program Internship’ for ease of sorting. A support letter from your University should also be attached.
The position is open until filled.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm