Experienced Python/Webapp/App Engine Product Engineer1
- Company: Echo Mobile
- Deadline: Tuesday 22nd April 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Echo Mobile is a Nairobi-based IT firm that operates and develops a robust, scalable cloud-based platform for SMS, USSD, Android and web, designed to allow any organization to access powerful mobile communications solutions. Developed in 2010, organizations have used Echo Mobile to send over 2.5 Million SMS to extend their reach and give voice to markets and communities across Kenya.
Echo's users include social enterprises, NGOs, government agencies, and health organizations,to name a few, and each uses the platform in its own unique way.
Senior Product Engineer
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time position based at our offices in Lavington, Nairobi. Compensation is competitive.
Position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key Areas of Responsibility
● Manage engineering team tasked with continuous development of the Echo Mobile platform
● Contribute to design, development, and maintenance of features on the Echo Mobile platform, including code review and upgrade, new feature development, fixing bugs, and scalability testing.
● Integration and monitoring of MNO infrastructure
● Work directly with organizational users to understand usability, address issues, and receive feedback
● Meetings with vendors (e.g. Premium Rate Service Providers) when necessary
● Log all development activities inside the chosen task management system
● Report regularly to Product Director on milestones, progress towards tasks, barriers needing attention etc.
● Skilled developer with a proven track record managing projects to completion
● Passionate about the product and the creative process
● Either living in Nairobi or willing to relocate
● Extremely proficient at managing time to meet milestones
● Likes to participate in planning, review and improvement
● Experience developing scalable web-based applications
● Experience developing applications on Google AppEngine or in Python (both preferred)
● Skilled at both backend development and basic interactive frontend design (AJAX, jQuery, HTML/CSS)
● Please highlight if you have experience in:
● Experience managing a small team
● USSD/SMS-based systems
● Working with organizations serving rural areas
● Agile software development
● Please include a link to any Python or GAE-based project that you were the primary developer or architect of,if available.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should send a one page resume to email@example.com.
In the subject line, please include the text "[ PRODUCT ENGINEER ]" and any example of a python list comprehension. Applications without both these items in the subject line will not be considered.
Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. This position will be filled as soon as a good match is found.
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm