- Company: Dotsavvy Africa
- Deadline: Wednesday 15th June 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Dotsavvy Limited (Dotsavvy) is an award-winning boutique digital agency with big ideas based in Nairobi, Kenya. Dotsavvy specializes in web site design and development, digital marketing, E-business applications and related services.
Dotsavvy is a market leader for its offerings in Kenya and a good number of East Africa’s leading businesses have been benefiting from our expertise and innovation for over 8 years. You can find out more about Dotsavvy from our web site at http://www.dotsavvyafrica.com.
Purpose of Position.
The General Manager will lead the development and realization of Dotsavvy’s strategic plan so as to meet organizational objectives as per the requirements of the Board of Directors (Board).
- Strategy Development, Planning and Reporting
- Taking a proactive role in the formulation of future strategic objectives and bringing them to the Board for input, discussion and decision as to ratification.
- Ensuring that strong strategic and annual planning processes are in place to produce effective plans for approval by the Board.
- Ensuring that all financial and non financial reporting requirements are met on a timely and regular basis.
- Ensuring that reporting to the Board is always totally ‘transparent’ and on a no surprises basis.
- Developing and maintaining effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders including employees, shareholders, funders, sub-contractors, customers and strategic business partners.
- Developing a wide range of relationships and networks with the local, national and international internet and digital marketing services industry to position Dotsavvy as a well known and credible organization.
- Ensuring that the day-to-day business operations at Dotsavvy are effectively and efficiently coordinated and implemented and conducted within the framework agreed to by the Board.
- Implement stringent project management processes to ensure the timely and cost effective development of the key projects and general service delivery activities undertaken by Dotsavvy.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with the management team and the Board.
- Develop and manage performance based contracts for the achievement of agreed service delivery targets for both employees and other business partners.
- Employee and Contractor Management and Leadership.
- Building and maintaining a high performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff and contractors.
- Provide clear leadership and promote and foster a team culture consistent with the Dotsavvy’s core values.
- Ensuring the recruitment of appropriately skilled employees to positions, and establishing appropriate remuneration levels and performance based conditions for staff within the framework agreed to by the Board.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for an organization’s vision, and motivates, leads, and empowers others to achieve organizational goals.
- Inspires and leads others towards high levels of performance.
- Demonstrates an intellectual and professional leadership style that supports that attainment of respect and credibility by others.
- Relationship Management.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to influence or persuade others to gain acceptance or agreement of ideas and approaches.
- Problem Solving and Analysis.
- Ability to analyze complex work-related issues, draw correct conclusions and articulate clear and focused action plans to stakeholders.
- Ability to understand business related issues and make systematic and rational judgments based on the relevant information.
- Strategy Formulation.
- Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches in adverse situations.
- Ability to take a broad based view of issues and events, and have an understanding of their longer-term impact or wider implications.
- Ability to translate strategies into strategic and operational activities.
- Communication Skills.
- Ability to assimilate complex issues and use appropriate communication strategies to influence Dotsavvy stakeholders.
- Ability to actively listen, seek information, and ask questions to ensure the understanding of underlying concerns of others.
- Understanding of Business, Government and Industry Processes
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in government, business and internet industry processes.
- Politically astute; is able to read situations aptly and exhibit sound judgment.
- Understands how people work and has a positive non-threatening presence which commands respect from employees and other Dotsavvy stakeholders.
- Has a personal commitment to organizational excellence; displays honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decision and actions.
- Is resilient; remains calm and deliberate under conditions of stress
- Maintains a positive non-threatening presence which commands respect from employees and other Dotsavvy stakeholders.
- Has the ability to organize time to the best advantage of Dotsavvy.
- Manages competing demands to maintain a healthy balance between work, family and community activities.
- Maintains and manages personal health and fitness.
- Experience in working with boards of directors providing professional, accurate, and strategic advice.
- Ability in implementing and delivering on boards of directors’ decisions and policies.
- Understands the interface between the role of directors and management.
- Has an understanding of and commitment to being an equal opportunities employer.
To be successful in the position of General Manager, you will need to show:
- Accuracy, reliability and enthusiasm.
- Previous and recent experience in a similar environment.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- An outgoing, confident individual with initiative.
- “Can do” attitude
The General Manager applicant needs to have a Bachelors Degree in Business, IT or a related field (A Masters Degree in Management would be an added advantage), 2+ years of experience in a similar position and at least 3 credible references.
How to apply
If you think you qualify kindly send us your credentials by the 15th June 2011 on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “General Manager – Dotsavvy”.
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm