Business Development Manager1
- Company: Dotsavvy Africa
- Deadline: Wednesday 15th June 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Dotsavvy Limited (Dotsavvy) is an award-winning boutique digital agency with big ideas based in Nairobi, Kenya. Dotsavvy specializes in web site design and development, digital marketing, E-business applications and related services.
Dotsavvy is a market leader for its offerings in Kenya and a good number of East Africa’s leading businesses have been benefiting from our expertise and innovation for over 8 years. You can find out more about Dotsavvy from our web site at http://www.dotsavvyafrica.com.
Purpose of the Position.
As Business Development Manager, your key role will be to identify, generate and win profitable new business for Dotsavvy. Your key responsibilities as Business Development Manager are:
- To generate sales via the development and management of strong client relationships with a thorough understanding of Dotsavvy’s products and services.
- To be involved in any new sales pitches, proposals, etc.
- Understanding client or prospect requirements and being able to design and deliver a suitable solution.
- To create and deliver solution proposals on time.
- To create and deliver presentations.
- To stay up to date on current and upcoming global internet business trends and solutions.
- To maintain up to date competitive intelligence within Dotsavvy’s markets and market segments.
- To proactively employ strategies and tactics that will result in new business.
- To meet monthly sales targets as agreed upon with the Business Development Director.
The Business Development Manager Position requires the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work against a sales plan and meet sales targets.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills.
- Ability to complete work assignments and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Have an ability to convey complex thoughts, both written and oral, in clear, concise and timely fashion.
- Openly and actively communicate information.
- A professional personality and appearance.
- Accountable for personal performance.
- Function effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of customers’ business requirements and deal with complex projects, putting together holistic solutions.
- The ability to learn quickly and develop product knowledge and expertise.
- Be able to develop relationships at all levels.
- Creative, with the ability to think ‘outside the box’.
- Must be enthusiastic and results orientated with high energy and drive.
- Good personal and business planning skills.
- Good team player.
To be successful in the position of Business Development Manager, you will need to show:
- Accuracy, reliability and enthusiasm.
- Previous and recent experience in a similar environment.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- An outgoing, confident individual with initiative.
- “Can do” attitude
The applicant needs to have a Bachelors Degree in Business, IT or a related field (A Masters Degree would be an added advantage), 2+ years of experience in a similar position and at least 3 credible references.
How to apply
If you think you qualify kindly send us your credentials by the 15th June 2011 on email@example.com with the subject line “Business Development Manager – Dotsavvy”.
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Saturday 8th March 2014 2:04am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Saturday 8th March 2014 2:04am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 2:04am
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 2:04am