Lead developer/system architect1
- Company: DUMA Works
- Deadline: Monday 3rd March 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Are you as passionate about system architecture as you are about clean code and product development? Do you want to trim millisecs and constantly improve things? Are you itching to test out the latest build of elastic search and want to push the boundaries of what job matching can be? Then you might be the right person for us!
DUMA Works (www.dumaworks.com) is building a world-class job matching system and we’re looking for a skilled and experienced python developer to lead the way. As the lead developer at DUMA Works you’ll be part of a product development team where you’ll help define, design and develop the future of DUMA Works. You’ll spearhead the backend development, set standards, define methods and mentor the rest of the team. The work you do will help thousands of Kenyans take the next step in their career and if you’re built like us you’re thrilled by the opportunity to influence and affect.
Through a quick and agile development process you’ll transform mock-ups to working features, A/B-test to optimise and iterate your way to perfection. If you love to develop and create new products as much as you love clean and lightning fast code you’ll probably feel at home at DUMA Works.
If you start at DUMA Works you’ll:
- Lead the backend development of the DUMA Works platform
- Actively contribute to the product development at DUMA Works
- Mentor the rest of the product development team
- Deep experience from developing and maintaining python based web apps
- Strong architectural, code design and optimization skills
- A passion to learn new things and master what you already know
It will definitely be useful if you have:
- Experience from working with Django
- Experience from working with MySQL
- Experience from working agile
- Experience from working with git
- Interest in user experience and interaction designDUMA is written in Django, and as a senior developer it will definitely be an advantage if you have prior experience of the framework. However, if you’re the right person for the job, you won’t have any problems grasping and learning new frameworks and languages quickly. We’re also very interested in hearing about your pet projects! We’d like to see examples of your previous work in the form of reference projects or code examples.
DUMA Works is a leading job placement and professional development company, specializing in short term, entry level, and middle management jobs in Kenya. Since 2012, hundreds of employers all over Kenya have used DUMA Works to save time and money when identifying qualified job candidates. We currently have 6,000 job seekers in our database and have matched over 3,000 of them to jobs.
Our vision is to create an empowered society where no job opportunities are lost. Our mission stands to be the developing world’s job reference system, and to enrich and empower a global workforce.
We are currently expanding our services to include a mobile career building platform, whereby job seekers can access multiple choice, short-answer, and audio questions that test sector-specific theoretical knowledge, workplace activities, industry news, and interview preparedness. This technology will help job seekers discover and develop the professional skills and behaviors that they posses and that employers value.
The team at DUMA Works includes 8 full-time employees: CTO, 2 backend developers, operations and strategy (company co-founders), community outreach, customer care, and office administration. We work within a mutually supportive, casual environment that still supports hard work, challenges, and personal and professional growth.
How to apply
If you have any questions regarding this job or if you would like to apply, please don’t hesitate to contact Linus Lennstrand on email@example.com.
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Tuesday 11th March 2014 10:02am
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Tuesday 11th March 2014 10:02am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Tuesday 11th March 2014 10:02am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 11th March 2014 10:02am