- Company: iHub Research
- Deadline: Monday 20th January 2014
- Location: Nairobi
iHub Research is the research arm of the iHub, Nairobi's Innovation Hub. Focusing on research centered on governance, mobile/web, and entrepreneurship/innovation, we strive to grow high-quality research in East Africa.
iHub Research is currently seeking a qualified ICT researcher to assist in supporting research on entrepreneurship and innovation-related projects. This contract will run for a period of 4-6 months, with a possibility for a longer term extension.
The candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
Main job tasks/responsibilities:
1. Understand existing frameworks created across ICT ecosystems
2. Assist in conducting thorough literature review and systematic documentation
3. Plan and coordinate activities required for specific projects
4. Develop and design methodologies required in each study context
5. Conduct data collection and data entry
6. Prepare fieldwork budgets and action plans for each study
7. Assist in identifying potential funding opportunities/grants for the project assigned
8. Attend events, present and communicate on the entrepreneurship and innovation research to key stakeholders, Hubs, entrepreneurs, among other avenues
9. Work closely with the Research lead to make sure the project timelines and goals are achieved at the end of each study
10. Analysis and reporting of findings
Education & expertise:
● Minimum of a degree in IT, Research, innovation, or a related field
● Experience in tech related business or ICT Hubs will be an added advantage
● At least 1 year experience in research and writing proposals and reports related to ICT and entrepreneurship
● Conversant with ICT trends in Africa and vast knowledge on the ICT hubs ecosystem
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Great personality
● Self-driven and passionate about ICT and development
● Team player
● Strong leadership skills
● Ability to make strategic decisions that will lead to the success of the project
● Innovative and creative
● Result oriented
● Ability to multi-task
How to apply
Send your CVs and a cover letter to email@example.com. Kindly, remember to indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF: RESEARCH ASSISTANT).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.iHub Research is an equal opportunity employer.
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Saturday 8th March 2014 5:09pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Saturday 8th March 2014 5:09pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 5:09pm
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 5:09pm