Senior Software Engineer1
- Company: Caytree Partners
- Deadline: Sunday 20th January 2013
- Location: Nairobi
Caytree Partners is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to drive its software development efforts. This person will be expected to lead a rock-star team of very smart, hard-working and innovative developers. The individual will have overall responsibility for developing world-class, stable, reliable and secure production-grade cross platform software for cloud, mobile and stand-alone desktop environments. This individual will also share responsibility for visual aesthetics and user design, and will have final responsibility for building simple, easy to use, software with powerful underlying functionality.
The individual is expected to work collaboratively to provide guidance both within Caytree Partners and to clients on technical issues around software design and implementation as well as support as needed. The individual or team will work directly with clients and the Managing Partner. Depending on overall potential, this engineer may have additional managerial responsibilities for growing the development team.
The ideal candidate will have a thirst for creative problem solving, a relentless passion for excellence, and a strong sense of self-discipline. Particular preference will be given to candidates with degree-level proficiency and who are ideally fluent in C sharp or VB, ASP MVC frameworks, have development experience using Windows Azure, and are familiar SQL Server 2008 and above.
These candidates will also have a strong project management background and have proven experience managing complex software projects, especially web and mobile applications. Competitive individuals will also have a high degree of comfort in mathematics and enjoy designing innovative algorithms.
The right candidate will also demonstrate the following mix of leadership and technical skills:
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain vision and software quality
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly demanding and fast paced environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Passionate commitment to delivering high-quality, innovative applications
How to apply
Interested candidates should e-mail email@example.com with their CV and a cover letter. Please discuss the following in your cover letter:
1. A project you have been involved in from beginning to end that you shipped
2. Your experience with MVC, Windows Azure, and mobile application development
3. Why this position appeals to you
4. Current and expected remuneration
Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Saturday 8th March 2014 11:42pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Saturday 8th March 2014 11:42pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 11:42pm
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 11:42pm