Software Deployment Manager - East Africa Region1
- Company: Medic Mobile
- Deadline: Thursday 28th November 2013
- Location: Nairobi
Medic Mobile is growing.
We are looking to immediately hire a Software Deployment Manager on a contract basis to assist our partners in implementing Medic tools across several African countries. Are you passionate about global health and technology, working at the grass roots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We’d love to hear from you.
While there are specific skills that we are looking for, please treat the following more as guidelines than as nonnegotiable checklists. Whatever technologies, work environments, and approaches to global health and development you’ve experienced in the past, we expect you have mastered them in depth, and we expect that you will be able to adapt quickly to new technologies and work environment that we need to accommodate in the future. If you consider yourself able and passionate about our cause, but do not have the exact skill set required, please apply anyway.
We’re looking for someone to be based most of the year in Nairobi with regional travel, but our team is spread around the world and we need someone who enjoys working virtually.
Employment Status: Full Time, permanent position (Medical, dental and pension benefits)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Title: East Africa Region - Deployment & Development Operations Specialist
Report to: Chief Technology Officer and Africa Regional Director
All applicants must be legally able to work in Kenya.
- Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
a) Manage Implementation Contracts: Work independently and partner with project managers to write technical proposals, support service design, configure and customize communication technologies to meet client requirements, deploy communication technologies and train users, monitor and evaluate, and in general maintain strong relationships with current clients.
b) Support Product Development: Work with Medic Mobile’s designer to describe mHealth needs and opportunities in your region and to ensure these needs are addressed in Medic Mobile’s current tool kit or product roadmap.
c) Document Activities: Use company tools for tracking contacts and projects. Use these tools to review your activities on a routine basis with Regional Director and/or Chief Technology Officer.
Candidates should (essential qualifications):
- Be a technology power user, excited to learn even moreBe a strong communicator, proficiency in English (essential) and possibly French Be at ease working in diverse cultural settings
- Be able travel within the region, both locally and internationally
- Have experience using command-line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX-like operating system.
- Be committed to frequent and timely communication, both in person and online (via email, Internet Relay Chat, and other online chat applications).
- Have interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Strong customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship with customers, with the attitude of wanting to assist people and pass-on their knowledge and experience to others.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum supervision.
The Ideal Candidate Will (Additional Skills):
- Be familiar with Android SDK, relational databases, document-based databases, and the map/reduce algorithm.Be experienced in managing projects in the health and/or information technology sectors
- Have a strong background in mHealth and public health; be Ambitious About Empowering Community Health Workers And Improving The Health Of Remote And Disconnected Communities.
- Ability to identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimised, through training, user awareness, and changes in configuration.
- Excellent technical knowledge of computer applications and systems.Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems.
- Ability to multi-task in dealing with several different problems at a time.
- Significant experience in design and development of technology solutions to increase international development project impact.
- Project work experience with open source technology.
- A minimum of 5+ years of senior level experience in designing and implementing ICT programs for social development programs.
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable projects.Expertise in research to practice – identifying best practices and adapting them to program realities.
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts.
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please get in touch. Send through a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, to Maeghan Orton at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 28 2013 at 12 pm. Applicants are encourage to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
How to apply
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please get in touch. Send through a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, to Maeghan Orton at email@example.com by November 28 2013 at 12 pm. Applicants are encourage to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Tuesday 11th March 2014 8:02am
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Tuesday 11th March 2014 8:02am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Tuesday 11th March 2014 8:02am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 11th March 2014 8:02am