- Company: Ona
- Deadline: Wednesday 6th November 2013
- Location: NAIROBI
Who we are
- A newly established social enterprise software startup based in Nairobi and NYC.
- We develop open source tools to tackle some of the biggest global challenges.
- We develop tools for the real-world using rapid iterations enabled by user-centered design, agile development practices and innovative partners.
- We are globally recognized global leaders in mHealth and the technology for the development space.
- We have developed systems that have been scaled up nationally.
- We work closely with partners like UNICEF and WHO along with leading NGO’s, universities and social enterprises.
Who we are looking for
- An experienced Software Engineer to join our team in Nairobi.
- A mobile app developer, preferably with Android app or mobile website development experience.
- Passionate about learning, inventing and teaching new software technologies, standards, and techniques.
- Self disciplined, can perform with minimal supervision but enjoys working on a team. Able to take on leadership roles whenever it is required.
- Someone who simply loves to code. Interested in learning by solving hard problems every day.
- Desire to use code to make the world a better place.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience developing in Python, Ruby, Java, or other languages.
- Experience using git or another version control system
- Experience writing tests and familiarity with test driven development
- Experience with frameworks like Django, Node, Angular.js a strong plus.
- To build mobile and web applications that will be put to wide use across the world on projects making a difference.
- To learn and use best practices in software development including new frameworks, agile methodologies, continuous development, etc.
- Improve our documentation and business processes. Provide fixes and improvements on existing applications
- To travel within Africa and internationally to work on the ground with partners helping to implement the software you’ve developed as well as provide technical assistance and trainings.
- Contribute to open source projects that we make use of.
- To make a difference. Your ideas, leadership and hard work will help form the foundation of our company. For this reason, we are only looking to hire the very best.
- Salary will be competitive based on experience. Opportunity for rapid career growth in a new company.
- Company issued laptop & smartphone. All the gear you need to get your job done.
- Comprehensive benefits including health insurance for you and your family.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a world class engineering and design team.
How to apply
Send your CV, a link to your github or online portfolio, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking to hire immediately.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm