Assistant ICT Manager1
- Company: Agro-Chemical & Food Company
- Deadline: Friday 27th May 2011
- Location: Muhoroni
Reporting to the ICT Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following among others:
- Ensuring that the database is running optimally.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to ‘front end’ users.
- Mapping out the ‘conceptual design’ for planned database in outline.
- Installing and testing new versions of the Database Management Systems (DMS).
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Developing, managing and testing back up and recovery plans for various applications.
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly as well as controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Maintaining the company’s Website and other Web Based applications.
- Assisting in the general management of the company’s infrastructure.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Certification in core areas of ERP software, database products, and networking will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years progressive experience in a busy ICT support environment handling both software and hardware.
Key competencies and attributes
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Highly self motivated with superior organization and coordination skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiasm and drive to commit to and deliver quality service.
- Ability to take on responsibility.
- Enjoys resolving problems and user interaction.
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge.
How to apply
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications, CVs, copies of certificates and relevant testimonials, reliable telephone contacts and names of three referees to the undersigned to reach him not later than Friday May 27, 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACFC is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Resident Director & Chief Executive,
Agro-Chemical & Food Company Limited
P O Box 18 – 40107 Muhoroni, Kenya.
Please quote the job reference on the envelope
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm