- Company: Nzoia Sugar Company
- Deadline: Friday 3rd June 2011
- Location: Bungoma
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited, a sugar manufacturing company situated in Western Kenya invites suitable candidates to fill the above position. The Systems Analyst/Developer, will be responsible for the detailed analysis, design and development of in-house systems and Management Information Systems (M.l.S.). Additionally, this role will be required to maintain and support applications. The successful person will report to the I.T Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide the business in drawing report formats and advise on the best approach to automate these reports and returns.
- Design and code reports/returns according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports that will assist in decision making and control.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup.
- Carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret the reports.
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements.
- Carry out analysis of the requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements.
- Design and code the system according to user specification.
- Carry out technical user training in respect to these systems so that the business can utilise them.
- Perform systems test to ensure functions/features are tested before acceptance and go live.
- Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Secure systems through adequate controls and monitor access and usage of programs.
- Conducts detailed methods and systems surveys of various operations with a view to applying electronic data processing;
- Develop proposed new applications and business processes.
- Develops with user departments their electronic data processing requirements, workflow, training, etc. to implement proper procedures and systems;
- Prepares process charts and analysis that reflect workflow, external verification and audit points and output requirements;
- Develops procedure manuals of input preparation for electronic data processing system;
- Assesses existing systems to increase efficiency and research available software products for use in automating recordkeeping, office functions, scheduling, etc.;
- Proficiency in Syspro,Ebizframe and Payman will be of added advantage;
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- •Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Computer Studies or equivalent degree.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of at least a major ERP, Oracle, Ebizframe and Syspro.
- Dot Net development knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development and proven record in a busy IT environment.
- Must have designed systems or sub-systems which have been implemented successfully.
- Excellent knowledge of database structures e.g. Oracle, MSSQL.
- Ability to work through own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to tolerate stress and achieve objectives despite difficulties.
- Age: 28 – 40 years
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above position should send their curriculum vitae, 2 passport size photographs, academic and professional qualifications, copy of the identification card together with the mobile/day time telephone contacts so as to reach the under mentioned on or before 3rd June, 2011.
The Managing Director,
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited,
P.O. Box 285,
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm
- ENTREPRENEURS FORUM #3... Saturday 19th July 2014 10:00am