Network and Systems Administrator1
- Company: Nzoia Sugar Company
- Deadline: Friday 3rd June 2011
- Location: Bungoma
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited, a sugar manufacturing company situated in Western Kenya invites suitable candidates to fill the above position. The Network and Systems Administrator, will be responsible for the Administration and maintenance of the entire LAN/WAN andERP systems access. Additionally, this role will be required to maintain and support administrative applications. The successful
person will report to the I.T Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in the planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems including desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment and software applications
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring procedures for all server backups both systems and databases.
- Monitoring, planning and coordinating the distribution of client/ server software and service packs, antivirus systems.
- Monitoring of LAN/WAN, Cisco switches and internet firewalls
- Performing on-site and remote technical support
- Plans, supervises and directs operations for computer networks;
- Directs cabling, configuring and installing computer hardware, and computer networks and software for network and stand alone computers;
- Makes recommendations to administrators regarding policies and standards for the computer and computer networks;
- Arranges for the installation of administrative and instructional software on computer networks;
- Analyzes organization needs and makes recommendations for improvements and enhancements;
- Troubleshoots hardware and software conflicts and problems;
- Provides on-site coordination and support for subcontractors;
- Arranges for and coordinates all necessary maintenance services to all hardware and networks;
- Plans and implements required configuration changes to local and wide area networks;
- Installing and configuring servers and application software;
- Backing up and restoring systems and users files;
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Be a holder of a Bachelors degree in IT or Computer Science *Possess at least MCSE and CCNP
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience.
- Experience with windows 2000/2003/2005 server platforms with an emphasis on Active Directory
- Experience in setting up Microsoft Exchange Server, DHCP Server and SQL Server 2000-2008.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN and WIFI Configurations with experience in routers, switches, internet firewalls and wireless technology
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum 4 years working experience in a busy IT environment with remote locations
- Age: 28 – 35 years
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above position should send their curriculum vitae, 2 passport size photographs, academic and professional qualifications, copy of the identification card together with the mobile/day time telephone contacts so as to reach the under mentioned on or before 3rd June, 2011.
The Managing Director,
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited,
P.O. Box 285,
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Sunday 9th March 2014 10:46am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Sunday 9th March 2014 10:46am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Sunday 9th March 2014 10:46am
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Sunday 9th March 2014 10:46am