- Company: Give Directly
- Deadline: Monday 21st October 2013
- Location: New York
Start date: Flexible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: New York, NY or Kenya
Job overview: GiveDirectly’s vision is to make wealth transfers to the poor frictionless. We locate poor households in developing countries and enable individual and institutional donors to transfer money to them securely and efficiently. GiveDirectly is currently the #2 ranked US non-profit on GiveWell.
We offer you the opportunity to play a principal role in creating our software platform. This includes mobile applications, internal IT infrastructure, and donor-facing web applications. Given the small size of the team and GiveDirectly's rapid growth trajectory, there is substantial scope for you to assume diverse responsibilities. You may be required to temporarily locate on-site in developing countries to oversee the rollout of new systems.
The two hard requirements for the job are passion for the values and mission of GiveDirectly and ability to create high quality software in a variety of development environments. You should be fluent with Linux and at least one open source web development platform. User interface design expertise is an advantage. Android experience is good, too, but being the kind of person who can learn is better.
How to apply
E-mail a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Software Engineer" in the subject line
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm
- ENTREPRENEURS FORUM #3... Saturday 19th July 2014 10:00am
- Job Hunting 4 Techies 101... Wednesday 9th July 2014 5:30pm