- Company: Well Told Story
- Deadline: Monday 30th May 2011
- Location: Nairobi
We are looking for an Art Producer to join the young and vibrant team at Well Told Story - the company behind Kenya’s hit comic & radio show ‘Shujaaz.fm’ [www.shujaaz.fm]. Shujaaz.fm is created, drawn and designed by young Kenyan artists who are bursting with creative talent. However they need someone to harness this talent and ensure that deadlines are met, standards are kept and the high quality of art work is maintained.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for creativity, who has strong administrative skills, can manage & co-ordinate a team of artists, knows how to use the Adobe Graphic Suite (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash) and is a good team player. Knowledge / understanding of both web and print media standards (colour separation, resolutions, paper characteristics, bleeds and output formats) is a definite plus!
The Art Producer is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the design and delivery of all artwork for the Shujaaz comics & other WTS art work.
The Art Producer will work in close collaboration with the Head of Production, WTS, with the following specific duties:
- To distribute monthly storyboards to the artists and ensure that the artists are fully aware of the purpose and message of each story.
- To implement and communicate the schedule for delivery of all artwork to the artists, ensuring that artwork is consistently delivered on time.
- To arrange scheduled meetings with the Head of Production and Director WTS and Content Producer to review the art work at each stage – to pass on notes from the team to the artists & ensure that amendments are made.
- To liaise with the Content Producer on the schedule / delivery dates to ensure that all content is on delivered according to the schedule and is completed in time for layout.
- To liaise with the Layout Artist and the Printers and ensure that the final product is print-ready according to the printer’s requirements.
- To recommend suitable artists for the Shujaaz team when required.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a covering letter and CV to Bridget Deacon: email@example.com .
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am