OS4BME (Open Source for Biomedical Engineering) WorkshopRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Friday 13th September 2013
- Starts: 2:00pm
- Ends: 5:00pm
Following the OS4BME (Open Source for Biomedical Engineering) Workshop organised by a team from FabLab Pisa in August at Kenyatta University, Gearbox through iHub Robotics will be holding a similar workshop on Friday, 13th September 2013 from 2pm-5pm at the AkiraChix Office on ground floor (formerly Strut).
The aim of the workshop is to bring the DIY & Makers approach in the developing of simple, low cost and high impact biomedical devices, precisely, in this particular case, an open source neonatal Baby Monitor.
The workshop will involve setting up a 3D printing system, developing a neonatal monitoring device, using open source, electronics based on the Arduino platform and powered by solar panels.
Participants will play an active role in the identification of components, design, assembling and testing of the device and in the discussion of regulatory issues in its development. Close attention will also be paid to safety, ergonomic aspects and regulatory standards for biomedical devices.
Minimum requirement is knowledge of computer programming.Register here to attend:
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm