Communicating with People in CrisisRSVP
- Venue: For more information, please contact Tamara Leigh
- Date: Thursday 6th December 2012
- Starts: 8:00am
- Ends: 5:00pm
Please attend if you would like to:
Contribute to the Communicating with Disaster Affected Communities (CDAC) Network’s directory of tools and service providers to help humanitarians practitioners integrate this in their work.
Begin conversations, initiate ideas and improve mutual understanding for future collaborations.
Better understand benefits and challenges of collaboration between the public/humanitarian/development sector and the private/technology sector.
Learn why communication with communities before, during and after a sudden onset disaster is so important.
Better understand the operating environment during times of crisis and examine which tools can be used
Engage with local civil society and private sector initiatives to solve regional challengesLearn how traditional media and new technology can be used in humanitarian/development work.
More information here: http://www.ihub.co.ke/blog/2012/11/communicating-with-people-in-crisis-6th-7th-december-2012-nairobi/
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm