Ruby on Rails HackathonAnyone
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Saturday 28th July 2012
- Starts: 9:00am
- Ends: 5:00pm
Ruby on Rails, often shortened to Rails, is an open source full-stack web application framework for the Ruby programming language. Ruby on Rails is not to be confused with Ruby, which is a general-purpose programming language, on which Ruby on Rails runs. Rails is a full-stack framework, meaning that it gives the Web developer the full ability to gather information from the web server, talking to or querying the database, and template rendering out of the box.
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to program please sign up for the beginner class. You will learn the basic tool-set of a programmer and should have a couple of basic programs under your belt by the end of the day.
If you have had some experience programming please sign up for the advanced class and learn how to build a modern web application using the Rails framework. By the end of the day, you should have a live web app.
In order to attend, please have a laptop and complete the following signup form.
If possible, please come to the workshop after completing the following installation instructions:
If you have any problems, we’ll be holding an install-fest to troubleshoot any issues for the first hour.
What: Join us for a hands-on day of learning Ruby and Rails. The event will be broken up into two sessions and taught by senior engineers from Safaricom, Google, Kopo Kopo, and Samasource.
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm
- ENTREPRENEURS FORUM #3... Saturday 19th July 2014 10:00am
- Job Hunting 4 Techies 101... Wednesday 9th July 2014 5:30pm