Law Month- Isaac TalkRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Thursday 18th August 2011
- Starts: 3:00pm
- Ends: 5:00pm
On the 17th of August, 2011, Dr. Mutai, Executive Director of the Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI) and Dr. Isaac Rutenberg, patent agent will be at the iHub giving an in-depth talk on patents and trademarks.
During this talk, They will be focusing on how to obtain patents in Kenya, East Africa and Europe. Here’s what will be covered:
- Introduction to IP and review of previous seminar.
- Utility Patents - What they cover, how to get them, when and why one should get them - Requirements for a patent - Overlapping patents, infringemen - How patents can help entrepreneurs - What patents can NOT do.
- Obtaining patents in Kenya, East Africa, Europe, the US.
- Other types of patents – design, plant.
- Special topics in patents – computer software, hardware, and mobile technology.
- Patents in the news.
A brief bio of Dr. Henry K. Mutai
Dr. Henry Kibet Mutai is a lawyer and an advocate of the High Court of Kenya. He received his LLB from the University of Nairobi. He also has LLM degrees from Temple University in Philadelphia, USA and the University of Melbourne, focusing on international law and intellectual property. He obtained his PhD in international trade law from the University of Melbourne in 2006.
Prior to his appointment as the Managing Director, Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI), he worked as a senior lecturer at Moi University School of Law where he was Head of the Department of Private Law. His research interests are in the areas of international trade law and intellectual property.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm