Mary McDowell Fireside ChatRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Tuesday 23rd August 2011
- Starts: 6:00pm
- Ends: 7:00pm
Mary McDowell is executive vice president in charge of Mobile Phones, responsible for the business and product development of Nokia's global mobile phone operations. She has been a member of the Nokia Leadership Team since 2004, and was appointed to her current position in July 2010. Mary reports to the CEO.
Mary joined Nokia in 2004 as executive vice president and general manager of Enterprise Solutions, responsible for the development and marketing of Nokia's range of business-oriented devices and solutions. These included Nokia Eseries devices, mobility software and security and mobile connectivity solutions. Mary served as executive vice president and chief development officer, leading the Corporate Development unit, from 2008 until assuming her current role.
She serves as a board member of Autodesk, a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.
Before joining Nokia, Mary served 17 years at HP-Compaq, after joining as a systems engineer in 1986. She was senior vice president and general manager of the Industry Standard Server Group at Hewlett Packard and Compaq for five years, leading a multi-billion dollar business and the world's largest server franchise.
She holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from the University of Illinois.
Download the podcast here: http://t.co/pUBSMaP
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am