- Venue: iHub
- Date: Saturday 6th August 2011
- Starts: 8:00am
- Ends: 1:00pm
In September 2010, AkiraChix embarked on a community training initiative that involved offering free mentorship and education to disadvantaged girls in the society by providing IT and life skills to help improve their living standards and achieve sustainable income. This is in line with the AkiraChix goal of enlightening and increasing the number of women in the tech field.
Areas taught in the training program include: Programming, Web design, Computer Literacy and Entrepreneurship.
For the students, the sunset will no doubt be better than the sunrise for they have gained a great deal and are now looking forward to their full integration into the ‘tech world’, and subsequently become its ambassadors. They are now in the final stages of their projects.
The program has been immensely supported by SODNET and Computer Aid International. Aside from the Akirachix, individuals who have contributed tremendously to the success of the program include Bernard Oduor, Tosh (ihub), June Seif, Kennedy Kirui and Jeremy Obado among others.
The first successful groups of students for the year 2010 – 2011 are set to graduate on the 6th of August 2011.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm