OS4BME (Open Source for Biomedical Engineering) WorkshopRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Friday 13th September 2013
- Starts: 2:00pm
- Ends: 5:00pm
Following the OS4BME (Open Source for Biomedical Engineering) Workshop organised by a team from FabLab Pisa in August at Kenyatta University, Gearbox through iHub Robotics will be holding a similar workshop on Friday, 13th September 2013 from 2pm-5pm at the AkiraChix Office on ground floor (formerly Strut).
The aim of the workshop is to bring the DIY & Makers approach in the developing of simple, low cost and high impact biomedical devices, precisely, in this particular case, an open source neonatal Baby Monitor.
The workshop will involve setting up a 3D printing system, developing a neonatal monitoring device, using open source, electronics based on the Arduino platform and powered by solar panels.
Participants will play an active role in the identification of components, design, assembling and testing of the device and in the discussion of regulatory issues in its development. Close attention will also be paid to safety, ergonomic aspects and regulatory standards for biomedical devices.
Minimum requirement is knowledge of computer programming.Register here to attend:
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:22pm
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:22pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:22pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:22pm