The Not-So-Hidden Cost of Doing BusinessAnyone
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Wednesday 17th July 2013
- Starts: 6:30pm
- Ends: 9:00pm
As of 2012, the World Bank estimated that it took thirty-two (32) days to start and operate a business in Kenya compared to three (3) days in Rwanda, the lowest in the region.
- How could this be for the lion of East Africa, the hub of information and communications technology?
- Are Kenyan government agencies hindering the growth of business and the economy?
- Do business owners really need 'brokers' to facilitate business, e.g., registering a business, getting a license?
- If so, what are the impacts on the Kenyan economy and what can be done to truly launch growth that benefits more people in Kenya and the region?The East African Centre for Ethics and Philanthropy will be hosting an open forum entitled The Not-So-Hidden Cost of Doing Business in on Wednesday, July 17, 6:30 - 9pm, at iHUB.
You'll hear from entrepreneurs, civil society supporters, and media personnel concerning these issues and how, working together, they can be properly addressed.
Admission is free! We look forward to seeing you there.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm