Pivot East Intellectual Property (IP) WorkshopAnyone
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Tuesday 5th February 2013
- Starts: 3:00pm
- Ends: 5:00pm
On February 5th Pivot East 2013 will kick off with a workshop on Intellectual Property. The event will see TechPrenuers talk about their experience on IP in Kenya, Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI) representative give statistics on the number of existing patents granted by KIPI, and IP law practitioners discussing 'The place of Intellectual Property in mobile enterprises in East Africa'
The keynote speaker will be Derek Palmer,Managing Director of ProspectIP an Intellectual Property Management company based in the UK. They work with the UK Intellectual Property (IPO) and British Library and they provide IP management, training, awareness and commercialisation services to businesses, universities, the investment community and the UK government funding bodies. They work with institution in UK, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
He will give an overview of global Intellectual property trends in Technology, and share insights on what happens out there that rarely works in East Africa.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm