Freedom Online RoundtableRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Thursday 30th August 2012
- Starts: 5:00pm
- Ends: 8:00pm
The Internet has become a way of life for many Kenyans, but are you truly free to use the Internet as you would want? Bloggers contribute a lot of content online, but how free are they to communicate their idea and opinions? Citizens contribute a lot of their personal data when they access services online. How safe is their data and identity as they interact with local companies on the internet?
The Freedom Online Coalition committed to meet annually at a global Conference; Kenya is proud to host the second Freedom Online Conference, which will run from September 6-7 at the UN Complex, Gigiri.
In preparation for the Conference, young activists, techies, bloggers and internet users are invited to explore and debate the themes of the conference at a round table event hosted at the iHub. To be effective in talking to Government, it is important to have a platform and a clear message. Join us at the Roundtable to ensure your views and experience are captured and communicated to the Government of Kenya and global community.
More information here: http://www.ihub.co.ke/blog/2012/08/freedom-online-is-the-government-doing-enough/
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm