- Venue: iHub
- Date: Sunday 29th July 2012
- Starts: 2:00pm
- Ends: 5:00pm
The Kenya ICT Board is announcing a Sh320 million grant that will go towards boosting the local digital content and software industry.
The money targeting entrepreneurs in the film, education, entertainment and advertising industries is aimed at driving up Internet penetration and promoting local content, a potential area for revenue generation. (The Standard)
As Christian Kreutz shares on his post (Here) on digital publishing and local content in Africa:
Moses Kemibaro shares the same optimism in East Africa: “The local content gold rush is only just getting started.” …“We have many platforms through which local content can be published for free, or nearly free.”
Creatives Meetup on Local Content
This Creativez Meetup will cover business and strategy tips around Local Content (provision, production, distribution and future outlook) as we demystify and share current & future developments in the Content Arena.
If you are a content producer, maker, distributor of ANY kind (e.g film ,documentaries, writers, visual effects, musicians) . This is meetup is the first of 3 in this Series.
The calibre of speakers is like no other
For more info check out the ihub blog
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm