Savannah Fund Info SessionAnyone
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Thursday 26th July 2012
- Starts: 6:00pm
- Ends: 7:00pm
The date has been changed from 18th to the 26th July. Savannah Fund launched at Pivot East in June, a $10M fund dedicated to early stage technology entrepreneurs in the mobile and web space with backing from Silicon Valley and local participation.
In the session the Managing Partner, Mbwana Alliy, will go through the objectives of the fund and the type of entreprenuers and companies they expect to back and believe that will be a good fit.
- Overview of the accelerator, with the first class now open and expected to start in September and what to expect from the 3 month program
- What we look for in applicants of the accelerator and how do you know whether you should apply or not?
- What to expect during the interview process. Yes, we even have a coding test… (we are serious)
- How will the mentoring process work and what you can expect to get out of the program.
- How do we treat applications to the accelerator. Confidentiality, NDAs, assurances etc.
- Are we an angel fund or VC? What is the difference?
- What sort of companies we look for that are funded outside the accelerator
- Criteria for follow on funding for graduates of the accelerator.
- What kind of terms of investment can one expect from the Savannah Fund
- Aspects of your company you should have in order and resources to help you… E.g. Do you know how to set up a capitalization table? How to think about valuation? What is convertible debt?
- How Savannah Fund can add value to your company as an investor and partner.
Finally, we will take any questions from participants.
A video of the session will also be taken to be posted online for those who can’t make it.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am