Discussions with Michael Bell, Intel VP and GM of the Mobile Communications GroupAnyone
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Monday 9th July 2012
- Starts: 5:00pm
- Ends: 6:00pm
We would like to invite you to attend an open discussion with Michael Bell, Intel VP and GM of the Mobile Communications Group, former Palm and Apple exec responsible for iPhone and Palm phone products and programs. This discussion will take place on Monday 9th July 2012 from 4:30-6:00 p.m.
He will be speaking on Intel’s plans for becoming a major player in the smartphone business and the role that applications and services will play in achieving that goal. Intel is traditionally known as the company behind the first PC in the 80s, and the company that reinvented the PC, first in 1995 with the introduction with the first multimedia PC based on Pentium, then in 2003 with the launch of the Centrino based laptops with the first integrated wifi laptops, and most recently in 2011 with the introduction of the Ultrabooks.
What many do not know is that Intel has a bold vision to not only enter the smartphone business, but has already launched Intel powered smartphones with a number of vendors, and Intel is aiming to have more than 20% market segment share of the world wide smartphone business by 2014. How do they plan to achieve that? Application and services on phones are key for Intel to achieve their goals.
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm
- Quality Assurance workshop... Wednesday 24th September 2014 2:00pm
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm