ANIC (African News Innovation Challenge)Anyone
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Friday 22nd June 2012
- Starts: 9:00am
- Ends: 12:00pm
Your ideas could help win you a share of the $1m in seed grants that the African News Innovation Challenge (ANIC) is offering for digital projects that have the potential to improve the way that journalists collect, process, and disseminate news. ANIC is also looking for ideas for disruptive business models, that will help wean the media off advertising by diversifying media's revenue streams.
ANIC classifies digital as tools or strategies that use the Internet, mobile platforms, data driven journalism, digitally augmented reality, or other electronic means to improve the relevance and impact of news media.
You can learn more about the News Challenge at a 3hr workshop and brainstorming session at the iHUB on June 22nd.
You don't have to be a journalist to be eligible for the Challenge, or to attend the workshop. ANIC is keen to reach out to developers, web creatives, bloggers, and other digital pioneers.
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm