Creative Commons visits KenyaRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Friday 22nd June 2012
- Starts: 2:00pm
- Ends: 4:00pm
Can you feel the excitement? Yes, it's true. iHub is about to welcome an official from Creative Commons -- Jessica Coates, Affiliate Network Coordinator -- to the country. Jessica will be at the iHub on June 22, 2012 from 2-4pm to talk about Creative Commons and what it can do for you.
Creative Commons is a non-profit that launched in 2002 with the aim of introducing greater flexibility to the the copyright system and encouraging sharing of creative material in the online environment. It is, in its heart, just a copyright licensing system, but its practical impact on creativity in the digital age has been great. By providing alternatives to the "can't touch this" default of traditional "all rights reserved" copyright, Creative Commons opens up the legal, creative, and business choices for those working with online content. Whether you are a creator, remixer, innovator, educator, or entrepreneur, this talk will explain how Creative Commons provides practical and legal solutions to your everyday copyright issues, and why it is a useful tool to have in your digital creativity arsenal.
Click here to RSVP. This is an event you don't want to miss.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am