Creative Commons visits KenyaRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Friday 22nd June 2012
- Starts: 2:00pm
- Ends: 4:00pm
Can you feel the excitement? Yes, it's true. iHub is about to welcome an official from Creative Commons -- Jessica Coates, Affiliate Network Coordinator -- to the country. Jessica will be at the iHub on June 22, 2012 from 2-4pm to talk about Creative Commons and what it can do for you.
Creative Commons is a non-profit that launched in 2002 with the aim of introducing greater flexibility to the the copyright system and encouraging sharing of creative material in the online environment. It is, in its heart, just a copyright licensing system, but its practical impact on creativity in the digital age has been great. By providing alternatives to the "can't touch this" default of traditional "all rights reserved" copyright, Creative Commons opens up the legal, creative, and business choices for those working with online content. Whether you are a creator, remixer, innovator, educator, or entrepreneur, this talk will explain how Creative Commons provides practical and legal solutions to your everyday copyright issues, and why it is a useful tool to have in your digital creativity arsenal.
Click here to RSVP. This is an event you don't want to miss.
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm