Technology and Social Enterprise Design and Solution-Based Research workshopRSVP
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Thursday 19th April 2012
- Starts: 10:00am
- Ends: 4:30pm
Adam White (from www.groupshot.org) will be leading an open research and design workshop for members of the iHub community in partnership with Kiva (www.kiva.org) the online micro-lending portal. Participants in the workshop will be introduced to context-oriented research and design methods through the real challenges Kiva is looking to overcome. They will challenged to explore how context and research can lead to innovation and more useful platforms and tools. The group will interact with different stakeholders in the Kiva process to understand the challenge as a system and identify possible designs.
The Goal of the workshop is to help improve the skills and perception of workshop participants. Participants will be asked to find creative, yet grounded, opportunities for technology through critical research in outlining a problem with complex stakeholder and human interactions. The workshop will focus on how context, such as geography and community, make or break a project before it even starts. Participants will:
- think about the context their tools are deployed in. Focus on technological and social landscapes;
- ask critical questions so innovators think about impact of their project and are more contextually innovative;
- develop research deliverables that are good workable ideas that won’t fail fast and massively but will learn and adapt quickly through failed hypothesis;
- work on a real world problem to generate some solutions and research.
Solving Real Problems: Kiva
Kiva is looking to solve a number of new challenges for new products and services they are hoping to expand in Kenya. They are looking for local ideas and solutions that bridge on the ground user realities, with a series of different stakeholders and technologies. They will frame the challenge for the day in the morning and then review workshop proposals at the end of the day. As this workshop is focusing on a real world design problem-feasible and interesting proposals will be seriously considered for support or development.
If you would like to participate, please email anne[at]ihub.co.ke.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm