Kipokezi Apps ChallengeAnyone
- Venue: iHub
- Date: Thursday 23rd February 2012
- Starts: 6:00pm
- Ends: 8:00pm
ForgetMeNot Africa's First Apps Challenge is aiming to create sustainable employment through technology in Kenya.
ForgetMeNot Africa in partnership with iHUB and Safaricom Kipokezi wish to empower Kenyan developers to conceptualise new SMS applications or games utilising the ForgetMeNot Africa Optimiser Platform.
The winning developers will receive seed capital to develop their ideas and if successful, your applications will be launched in Kenya on Safaricom earning you an on-going revenue share, hence creating sustainable employment.
Why You Should Enter.
- An amazing opportunity to create your own apps business in Kenya
- Successful developers will earn revenue for apps successfully launched in Kenya on the Safaricom Kipokezi platform
- $2000 prize and up to 3 iPads for winning team or individual
- Apps may also be launched in other African countries earning you revenue
- Your apps will also hopefully make a difference for others....good in itself
- Runners up prizes and cool stuff for finalists
- Mentoring from iHUB, ForgetMeNot Africa and Safaricom experts
- Even if you don't win this Apps Challenge, apps can still be submitted for approval on an on-going basis
Launch Event: 6pm, 24th of February 2011
If you are in Nairobi why not attend the Apps Challenge launch event which will be held in iHUB Nairobi on Wednesday the 24th of February where you can hear more about it and meet everyone involved.
API Talk: 6pm, 27th of February 2011
There will also be a dedicated ForgetMeNot Africa Optimiser API talk on Monday the 27th of February at 6pm also at iHUB Kenya where you can meet our team and work on ideas.
Ideas Deadline: 23rd March 2011
The deadline to submit your ideas and code online to be considered for the Hackathon Final is Friday the 23rd of April. After this date ideas can still be submitted but you will not be eligible for the prizes.
However any apps submitted after the deadline may still be launched earning revenue for developers on an on-going basis.
For more information
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm