- Venue: iHub
- Date: Wednesday 14th December 2011
- Starts: 4:00pm
- Ends: 5:00pm
Crowdpesa, a mobile money mapping system that enables its users to find the nearest M-PESA agent,KRA payment point, ATM or Bank, is scheduled to launch officially on December 14, 2011. The Event will be hosted at the iHub Nairobi and will start at 6 p.m. Various representatives from the Information Technology industry and the Financial Sector are expected to grace the occasion.
Crowdpesa provides users with the convenience of locating financial and mobile money distribution points so as to allow for faster and more efficient transactions such as sending, saving and receiving money. The system uses a Geographic Information System (GIS) to locate their users on a map. It then proceeds to give them a list of financial distribution points closest from where they are. The user also receives a calculated distance from the service and the shortest possible route to the service.
Through its crowdsourcing model users can add new distribution points, take photos of distribution points and provide ratings and comments for the same. The system also provides crowd data analysis and periodical reports on findings on the crowdpesa platform. The crowdsourcing element and mapping aspect is supported by the Ushahidi platform.
Crowdpesa is available as a downloadable mobile application and also on the web platform www.crowdpesa.com
To attend this launch.. Register HERE!
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am