iHub Cluster aims to engage the community – bring together the traditionally disparate academia and ICT communities. We will do this through creating both push & pull demand for analytics as a practice while offering a sandbox that the developer and academic communities can work with.
Being the first Super Computer HPC in pan emerging Africa, we hope to also provide a technical sandbox that people can learn about:
- Parallel Programing
- Availability (we have an SRE training program)
- UNIX Administration
iHub Cluster : Lead
With an interest in finance, I am a technologist who is both passionate and curious about the role both have to play in the development of the emerging markets.
I have previously worked for Africa's largest umbrella association for media owners and operators, the AMI, as digital projects coordinator. This includeded helping to run the $1m African News Innovation Challenge (ANIC), and spearheading the rollout of HacksHackers.com chapters across the continent.
I have also worked as the lead Solution Architect in sub-Saharan Africa for VMware at Westcon Africa, where I was the technical half of a team that was able to maintain 200% year-on-year growth, winning an award for the best performing VMware distributor globally.
I currently work as the primary lead for the iHub Cluster initiative, that targets to increase the use of analytics in decision making for both corporates and government entities.
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm