For the first time in Sub-Saharan Africa, a User-Experience workshop will take place that brings entrepreneurs, university students, doers in the community together with world-class user experience experts. This event, known as Tajriba ( Swahili for experience), will consist of talks, trainings and practical exercises on how to improve the usability, user satisfaction and user experience of products and services.At Tajriba, entrepreneurs, university students and doers in the community will receive world class training from leading User Experience Design practitioners. These include Kagonya Awori, the first African Human-Computer Interaction graduate from Carnegie Mellon University; the birthplace of human centered design. Shiko Gitau from Google, she is one of Africa’s only User Experience Experts ; and Susan Dray, a global pioneer and leading authority in User-Centered Design, User Experience and Usability for over 30 years.
Why should you participate? You will learn how to;-
- Take your business idea through a tried and tested process
- Involve users in establishing the most viable options for developing your product/idea
- Build prototypes for your idea
- Test your project with your target audience
- Find insights that help optimize your product or service
- Meet new people!
When will Tajriba happen?Tajriba will take place between 9th and 27th September 2013. It is a series of practical, hands-on and quality lessons. A detailed program will be provided after the registration process is completed.
How do I participate:
- To participate, you need to complete the registration process
- You will also be required to pay Kshs1500 which you will bring with you on the 9th.
- We will start at 9am punctually!