Towards the end of January, iHub Research, with generous support from Internews, hosted the #UmatiForum: The Many Faces of Online Hate Speech in Kenya, a public conversation on the nature of online hate speech in Kenya. The Umati Project has been studying this to better understand the hate speech dynamic in Kenya and how it […]
The Umati project seeks to understand the dissemination of hate and dangerous speech in the Kenyan online space. During the 2007 general election in Kenya, when Internet penetration in the country was still quite low, mobile text messages (SMS) were sent to incite the public to violence that left over 1,1oo people dead and about […]
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- NETmundial Hub in Nairobi – Meeting on the future of Internet Governance
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!
- Startup Sauna comes to Nairobi
- Intel Student Partner Program: Now launching in Tanzania and Uganda. Apply by April 30th!