The Umati project seeks to understand the dissemination of hate and dangerous speech in the Kenyan online space. During the 2007 general election in Kenya, when Internet penetration in the country was still quite low, mobile text messages (SMS) were sent to incite the public to violence that left over 1,1oo people dead and about […]
As part of our Umati Project, which recently released its final report from Phase 1, we have been collecting online hate speech found on social media, forums, and online newspapers. The process, which was initially envisioned to be an automated process, turned out to be quite manual due to the nuanced nature of the speech […]
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Announcing Barcamp Nairobi 2014!
- [Sign up] August 2014 Graphic Design Bootcamp!
- [Crowdfunding Opportunity] Jumpstart Africa Accepting Projects
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 For You
- First Pan-African Women in Tech Meetup