iHub Consulting By Mercy Deche / August 3, 2014
FREE SINAPIS SME ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING WORKSHOP
Guest post: Asha Mweru
One of the worst mistakes start-ups make is forgetting their customers, and building a product before discovering who they are building it for and what they are solving. This is probably one of the most common mistakes start-ups make popularly known as Startup doom!
Sinapis will be offering a free business training workshop in partnership with iHub on Wednesday 6th August 2014, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the iHub that gives you practical business skills on how to discover and validate who your customers is, using lean methodologies and actual tools to test and continually iterate different hypothesis till you have it spot on.
This is one of the classes that is within the Sinapis SME Entrepreneurship program. This year, Sinapis is partnering with iHub to offer the business training program.
What is Sinapis?
Sinapis is an accelerator program that supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with innovative, scalable and viable business models. In conjunction with Acton School of Business in Austin, TX, Sinapis offers a rigorous business training program similar to a mini-MBA but customized for SMEs and start-ups. In addition to the training program, participants also benefit from key consulting and mentorship resources & the potential to obtain seed capital.
How it works
1. The program runs for a total of 4 months and is divided into 3 components: an online portion, an in-class portion and a field implementation portion. Participants dedicate an average of 20 hours/week to the program (6 hours each for the online and in-class portions and 12 hours for the field implementation portion).
2. All classes are facilitated by certified Sinapis trainers who have undergone extensive training and are well versed with the curriculum. Coursework covers 4 core sections: Sales and Marketing, Human Resources & Management, Operations and Financials.
3. Graduates of the Sinapis Training Program are eligible to compete in the annual Sinapis Business Plan Competition, the grand prize for which is 10,000 USD in seed capital.
4. The top five to ten finalists in the Business Plan Competition advance to the Sinapis Fast Track Fellows Program. Fast Track Fellows gain access to world-class consulting services, as well as additional training and funding opportunities.
Who should apply?
Business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs with highly scalable and innovative businesses/business ideas are strongly encouraged to apply. If you’re interested in attending this workshop sign up here
For more information about Sinapis, please visit our website at http://sinapis.org/
Additional questions may also be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
$i = 1; ?>
geoffrey at 12:38:29PM Thursday, August 7, 2014
Really very interesting, hope this will aid many youths who are tarmacking for jobs.Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Google User Experience Masterclass at iHub
- Windows Training: Call for applications
- Reflections: my first year running the iHub, tech community
- The Multi Screen World (Infographic)
- [RSVP] Geeklist Hack4Good against climate change