iHub By Scott Henry / July 24, 2014
think Incubator looking for Innovative startups!
Are you running a startup, scaleable across Africa, that you believe would benefit from incubation?
Do you fancy spending 6 months in the serene city, Kigali Rwanda, growing your startup while enjoying the cultural experience and making great networks?
There is a new incubator in Kigali (think) that is taking applications from across the globe: http://think.rw In fact The Office, a innovation/co-working space in Kigali is so excited about this development that they are opening a second space within Think, as a natural bridge between their community and the new incubator.
think is looking for exceptional tech startups with products to scale across Africa. Selected teams will receive 6-months of technical support, mentorship, business advising, 15,000 USD of guaranteed funding, and more.
think will select up to 5 teams per cohort to be based at our incubator in Kigali, Rwanda, and will benefit from intensive mentoring and coaching with experts in entrepreneurship, business and technology to help them develop and refine their business ideas and products.
Successful teams will have access to think’s global network of investors and funding opportunities.
The think advantage
think offers teams the following unique advantages:
- An opportunity to work with a well-known ICT corporate and the Tigo brand that operates across Africa and Latin America
- An opportunity to fast-track the launch of innovative products and services
- Free and modern office space with fast broadband access for 6 months
- A growing network of partners, fellow entrepreneurs, business leaders
- Direct access to international markets for ambitious entrepreneurs
- Seed funding of 15,000 USD plus an opportunity for an additional 25,000-50,000 USD
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for teams of 2-4 members to join us at our 6-month, Kigali-based incubator.
To be considered, teams must demonstrate the following characteristics:
- They are technology start-ups or projects in their initial phase of development
- The products and services can be launched within 12 months of joining the incubator
- They use technology in an innovative way
- They have an idea that could be scaled across Africa or Latin America
- They have fully committed, ambitious, creative and passionate founders who have market vision
- Applicants do not need to be Rwandan or African nationals to apply. think accepts applications from all over the world from companies that want to first launch their products in Africa.
Still have more questions? Read the FAQs
Eligibility information and applications are available now at www.think.rw/apply.
Application Opens: 15 July 2014
Application Closes: 15 August 2014
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement.
- Calling all Kenyan startups to attend Ventureburn Meetup
- What Tracking Misinformation in Tana Delta Entails
- Latin ‘desired things’
- [Podcast] M:lab East Africa Interview with Sheilah Birgen