Featured By Sheilah Birgen / July 13, 2014
A Glimpse of What Happened at PIVOT East 2014 – Urban TV Footage
On 24th – 25th June, PIVOT East, East Africa’s most prestigious startup pitching competition and conference went down at the Panari Hotel. The competition was hotly contested with the region’s 25 innovative mobile startups fight it out to win market recognition and investor interest for the fourth consecutive year. Five winners were selected, one from each category by panels of judges drawn from among angel investors and representatives from venture capital firms.
The footage recently aired on Urban TV featuring the PIVOT East proceedings can be found HERE
Proceedings at the conference were coordinated and moderated by Kenya’s renown media personalities. These were Citizen TV’s Terryane Chebet and Capital FM’s Eric Latiff. Apart from the nervous, anxious and high energy moments among competing teams, thought leaders explored key trends in East Africa’s Tech scene through fireside chats (panel discussions). The fireside chat discussion topics selected among many other possible themes were :-
- The size and quality of the deal pipeline for Tech investments in East Africa.
- Synergies between developer communities and Corporates in Mobile technology.
- The relationship between innovation, entrepreneurship and the economy.
- Comparing the startup ecosystem in East Africa to other successful ecosystems.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Project Management: How good projects go bad
- Quality Assurance Workshop
- Eneza Education Graduates out of Incubation Program
- Be a part of the BBC “World have your say” radio show airing at iHub
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement