iHub By Joseph / May 8, 2014
2014 GrowthAfrica Agribusiness Accelerator
Guest Post By: growthhub
The 2014 GrowthAfrica Agribusiness Accelerator programme is designed to enhance and enable entrepreneurs with the most innovative solutions to some of the most pressing problems faced in agriculture to grow and accelerate their startups.
The programme consists of a cohort of 12-15 for- profit startups that are operating in the growth stage of the agricultural value chain than actual farming.
To be eligible we would like you to have:
A product/service that is within Agribusiness.
• Achieved customer validation and proof of concept from your targeted audience.
• You are earning revenue from your business
• You have team members/ or intend to have. We prefer startups that are more than one person.
• You and your team members must be working full time on this venture.
• You are a registered as a for profit company or intend to be.
It is a 18 week programme that is split into 8 parts of 2-day workshops. The programme is taking place at The GrowthHub Nairobi. Teams will be taken through the ImpactCompass™; a framework designed to guide the teams through the fundamentals of transforming their product/service into a company.
The workshops are very thorough and very practical and involve relevant models and frameworks for startups; access to experts, experienced mentors and access to key decision makers in the various strategic companies.The programme ends with a Venture Fair where the cohort presents to a set group of investors on GrowthAfrica’s equity platform and raise up to 100,000 USD.
Workshop 1: June 27-June 28
Workshop 2: July 11 – July 12
Workshop 3: July 25 – July 26
Workshop 4: August 8 – August 9 and August 22
Workshop 5: September 5– September 6
Workshop 6: September 19 – September 20
Workshop 7: October 10 – October 11
Workshop 8: October 24 – October 25
The Venture Fair: November 6
Applications are due May 31 2014. Apply here:
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down
- Wireless Wednesday- Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya
- 6 Things A Nairobi Matatu Tout Can Teach You About Business