iHub By James Ndiga / April 22, 2014
Venture Capital Course Coming July 29-30
By Audrey Cheng
With the rise of entrepreneurship in East Africa, there is a parallel rise in misunderstanding of the role of venture capital, how to pitch to venture capital, how to scale an early-stage high-growth venture, etc.
So Savannah Fund decided to partner with Knife Capital and the University of Cape Town to bring you: VC Course.
- When: July 29 & 30, 8am-5pm
- Where: iHub
- Who: Anyone with a vested interest in entrepreneurship and business building (entrepreneurs and investors)
- Price: Corporate: $1000, Qualifying Startup: $350
What you’ll learn in two days:
- FIND: Finding Lucrative Early-Stage Investments (the early-stage investment ecosystem; identifying potential investments; the investor pitch).
- MAKE: The Investment Process (due diligence exercise; valuation principles; legal closure and key legal terms).
- GROW: Growth Strategies (control mechanisms/ corporate governance; operational activities; strategies to scale a business).
- REALISE: Realising Business Potential (realisation of business strategies; positioning a company for a potential investor/ strategic partner; a successful exit process).
Participants will obtain a number of investment and draft legal templates at the end of the course to take with them. They will also receive a Certificate in Early-Stage Investments from the UCT’s Graduate School of Business!
- Click: http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/e.
- Scroll down and click ‘Apply’
- Fill out the online application. Make sure you check the right date (29/07/2014 – 30/07/2014).
- Pay with credit card or if another method (ex. M-PESA or Pesapal), check ‘EFT’.
We look forward to seeing you there. Register now before space runs out!
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/
For any questions, please contact Audrey at email@example.com
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Project Management: How good projects go bad
- Quality Assurance Workshop
- Eneza Education Graduates out of Incubation Program
- Be a part of the BBC “World have your say” radio show airing at iHub
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement