iHub By Mugethi Gitau / March 19, 2014
Sign up for the very 1st Crypto Party Nairobi
Something awesome is brewing at the iHub. Ever wondered how to communicate securely or how to safely store your data/information? Well then this event is for you. The iHub community is organising a CryptoParty on Tuesday 15 April from 4 pm to 8pm.
What is a CryptoParty?
CryptoParty is a decentralised, global initiative to introduce the most basic cryptography software and the fundamental concepts of their operation to the general public, such as the Tor anonymity network, public key encryption (PGP/GPG), and OTR (Off The Record messaging). CryptoParties are loads of fun, free to attend, public, and commercially and politically non-aligned.
For more information:
About CryptoParty: https://www.cryptoparty.in
CryptoParty Guiding Principles: https://www.cryptoparty.in/guiding_principles
There will be plenty of food, drinks and “crypting”. So grab your computers and/or mobile devices, come through and lets party like its December 31 1983!
Win a free cab ride back home from the CryptoParty
1. Download the EasyTaxi free Android app here or the Windows app
2. Actively participate during the CryptoParty
5 active participants will win a cab ride back home.
Thereafter, you can still enjoy discounted rates when you ride with EasyTaxi.
Learn more about them here
$i = 1; ?>
Brian Muhia at 14:51:39PM Monday, March 24, 2014
Neat! Where do I sign up?Reply
Mugethi Gitau at 15:29:08PM Monday, March 24, 2014
Click on the link provided in the articleReply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- [Podcast] M:lab East Africa Interview with Sheilah Birgen
- [Apply] : The 2015 Green Pioneer Accelerator Program launches in Kenya and South Africa
- The Intel Inter-University Apps Challenge | 26th September, 2014 | C4D Lab, University of Nairobi
- Oracle awareness session
- Google User Experience Masterclass at iHub