iHub By Joseph / January 22, 2014
Digital Security Academy: Applications Open
Strathmore-Softlock Digital Security Courses
@iLabAfrica Africa has partnered with Softlock, the leading Digital Security company to offer courses in Digital Security. The Courses will be offered in Strathmore University at the new Digital Security Academy in @iLabAfrica.
The courses provided hands-on IT security skills to various stakeholders in the IT industry.
Mode of Delivery
· In-House (Offered to corporates on request)
Who should attend?
The Strathmore-Softlock Digital Security Courses are intended for business executives, IT security professionals, IT technicians and Software developers.
Why take the Courses at Strathmore?
iLabAfrica is a center of Excellence in IT security in Strathmore University. Our Digital Security Course are offered in collaboration with Softlock, a world leader in digital security. We have courses customized for various stake-holders in the IT industry.
3rd February 2014
Cost and Duration
· IT Security Executive Track (1 day) : KES. 30,000
This course equips top Business Executives with in-depth understanding of IT Security threats and the associated risks that face their organisations as well as the methods and tools for mitigating them. It is primarily directed to Company Directors, top Executives and Senior Managers who are tasked with the strategic management of IT systems and procedures.
· IT Security Business Track (1 day) : KES. 18,000
This course provides IT Security awareness to administrators who need to know how to manage IT risks in their organisations. The course targets Middle level Managers, Heads of Departments and Sections, ICT Managers, Information Security Officers, Business Continuity Managers, and other staff tasked with implementation and management of IT systems and procedures.
· IT Specialist Track (4 days): KES. 50,000
This track introduces various security solutions that can inform the decisions made by Security specialists. It is designed for IT staff who is involved in IT Security Management. The course seeks to ensure that Security specialists can make informed decisions that will improve their organisation’s security.
The training will cover the following topics:Digital Security Solutions.
- Secure Authentication and Digital Signatures.
- Software and Data Protection.
- System Protection.
· IT Technical Track (7 days): KShs. 80,000
This course trains IT professionals to implement optimal security of their information assets. It follows a hands-on approach with seventy per cent practical work and thirty per cent case study analysis.
The training will cover:Introduction to Secure Authentication and Digital Signatures.
- Digital Signature Background: Overview, Cryptography, Symmetric Encryption, Hashing, Asymmetric Encryption, Certificates, Certificate Authorities.
- Softlock Smart Token: Features and Applications.
- Certificate Issuing with User Tool, Simple Authority, Web Certificate Authorities and Microsoft Certificate Authority.
- Securing eMail with Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird eMail Clients.
- Securing documents with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office.
- Securing Network communication.
- Securing Web communication.
- Securing VPN communication.
· IT Software Developer Track (10 days): KShs. 120,000
This track targets software developers with the aim of equipping them with the skills necessary to design, implement and deploy secure systems and applications. The highly practical code development approach will be irreplaceable to developers and programmers who target building secure implementations.
- Developing Secure Communication Software using the SDK Interface and C#.
- Understanding Standard Interfaces (PKCS Interface and
- Developing with different programming languages (2 Languages beside C#).
- Using C++ with SDK, CSP and PKCS.
- Using C# with SDK and CSP.
- Using VB with SDK and CSP.
- Using Java with SDK/JNI and PKCS.
- Using Oracle with SDK/PLL.
- Using Power Builder with SDK/PBDLL.
- Using Web Scripts with SDK/SV.
Click here to register and for more information.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Emoji discrimination?
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH MARTINA HENNESSY, MICROSOFT
- Open Session with David, Microsoft: How to scale your business beyond borders
- New Africa prize highlights engineering as key development driver
- Interested in Information Security? We’re offering a class!