iHub By Mugethi Gitau / January 20, 2014
Digital Matatus @ iHub
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 4-6pm at the iHub (4th Floor)
For the past year, a team from University of Nairobi, MIT, Columbia University, and Groupshot have been working to collect and share data on Nairobi’s Matatu system. The result is a new, public, data-set covering over 100 routes in and around Nairobi. Built on the global GTFS data standards, this data set is the most comprehensive open-data set for public transit and matatus in Kenya.
The digital Matatus team will be at the iHub to introduce this new data-set to the community, answer questions, and help brainstorm ideas, apps, and projects to use and support the data. They will also be sharing more information about the upcoming Hackathon at the University of Nairobi, starting Friday, January 24th.
Register for this event here
See you then!
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- [Attend] Tech Meets Conservation 08: All Things Energy
- ICT and Governance in East Africa : Preliminary Fieldwork Findings (Part 2)- Apac and Lira
- Reality Check: Will Your Company Out Live You?
- Startup Grind Nairobi Hosts Erik Hersman
- NRBUZZ: Drones for Agricultural Monitoring in Kenya